Friday 20 May 2011

Word of the Day

I know, I know, we promised to blog more regularly, but revision is destroying our lives. We have our English AS on Monday, and much as I love Rossetti and Bronte, learning fifteen poems and all of Wuthering Heights off-by-heart is not my cup of tea. But just because I am studying does not mean I am not learning new words.

Peripatetic:

Adjective: Traveling from place to place, especially working or based in various places for relatively short periods.
Noun: A person who travels from place to place
As it was my Mother who taught me the word I shall dedicate the sentence example to her.
Sentence Example:
Talia's mum had a peripatetic childhood and moved to a new country every two to three years. She settled in England for senior school.

By Talia

No comments:

Post a Comment