Thursday 21 April 2011

Word of the Day

I must apologise for not having published anything for a while. My feet still hurt from Duke of Edinburgh Gold, though I know that is no excuse for not typing. Anyway I am up in Scotland right now looking at Universities, namely St. Andrews (that was yesterday) and Edinburgh (tomorrow), of course to study English Literature. I would never let you down, o readers. So while at St. Andrews yesterday we were immersed in a deep fog but was it called fog? Oh no! I will enlighten you all henceforth.

Today's word:

Haar

A cold mist or fog coming off the North Sea along the shore.

Sentence example: There was a terrible haar surrounding the Kennedy Hall where Jess was listening, entranced, to the English lecture.

By Jess

3 comments:

  1. Too bad it's not sunny... Unlike London...
    Sucks to be youuu~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Jess, I've been having withdrawal symptoms from the lack of content!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly you are mean. Scotland has other qualities... like a strong culture...

    ReplyDelete